Specifically, this Policy Informs You of the Following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through our application indipath;
- Why we collect personally identifiable data and the legal basis for such collection;
- How we use the collected information;
- The security procedures in place to protect your personal information.
Information We Collect
- When teachers create an account on indipath, we collect personally identifiable information, specifically your name, email address, password, school, and school district.
- All student accounts are created by a teacher or school administrator, as students are not able to directly create an account for themselves.
- In districts where students have permission to use indipath, indipath collects personally identifiable information about each student, including name, email address, and password. This information could be populated from a third-party integration with a district’s information system, such as Clever, or it could be provided by a student’s teacher.
- indipath collects student-created content that is uploaded to the app as evidence of learning. It can include photo, video, audio, or text. All types of content that can be uploaded as evidence of learning are covered by this Policy.
- indipath collects responses submitted by students on assessments.
- Information automatically collected when visiting our website, which includes cookies and third-party tracking technology. indipath uses “cookies” from Google Analytics and other Google products. These cookies are used solely for informational purposes to provide a better online experience, more relevant marketing materials, and to understand how we can improve indipath. A “cookie” is a digital snapshot of code assigned to you as a unique individual visiting our website. e2L does not collect or request information that is unnecessary to provide customer service to you or the products that you have requested.
Use of Information Collected
e2L does not now, nor will we in the future, sell, rent or lease any of its customer lists and/or any captured data from indipath, including name and email address to any third party.
e2L may collect and use personal information to assist in our web site’s operation, ensure delivery of the services you have requested, and better understand your needs.
At times, we may find it necessary to use personally identifiable information as a means to keep you (teachers and school administrators only) informed of other possible products and/or services that may be available to you from e2L.
The data we collect from you will be stored for no longer than necessary. The length of time we retain collected information will be determined based upon the following criteria:
- the length of time your personal information remains relevant;
- the length of time it is reasonable to keep records to demonstrate that we have fulfilled our duties and obligations;
- the existence of your consent;
- and our legitimate interest in keeping such information as stated in this Policy.
e2L shall not use or disclose the information provided by you except under the following circumstances:
- In the ways described in this Policy or to which you have otherwise consented;
- To authorized users in a school district;
- To engage2learn’s employees who need access to perform their roles;
- As necessary to provide services or products you have requested;
- In connection with a sale, reorganization, acquisition, or similar transaction involving engage2learn, provided that entity implements data privacy with respect to personally identifiable information as outlined in this Policy
e2L may also be in contact with you (teachers and school administrators only) regarding completing surveys and/or research questionnaires related to your opinion of previous, current, or potential future services and products that may be offered.
indipath only collects the minimum information needed to use indipath. It is recommended that the school, teachers, or administrators, consistent with the school’s policy, get parental consent before using indipath with learners who are under 13, which means they are not at the age to grant consent on their own in the United States. This age varies by country. In the United States, teachers can act on behalf of the parent’s agent if the use of indipath is solely in the educational context as provided by the FTC. If parents or guardians would like to withdraw consent or you are aware that indipath is collecting information without consent, please contact us at email@example.com. Upon request from the school, teacher, or administrator, indipath will provide the school a description of the types of personal information collected; an opportunity to review the child’s personal information and the right to have the information deleted; and the opportunity to prevent further use or online collection of a child’s personal information. Any data collected will be deleted either upon request or once the information is no longer needed for its educational purpose.
e2L takes reasonable and appropriate steps to protect your information from unauthorized or unlawful access, use, destruction, loss, alteration, or disclosure. indipath is protected through a login and password utilizing the OAuth2 protocol. We utilize AWS services best practices for data storage and backup. AWS services pertaining to security focuses on protecting information and systems, including confidentiality and integrity of data, identifying and managing who can do what with privilege management, protecting systems, and establishing controls to detect security events.
e2L also uses Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS) and Secure Socket Layer (SSL) for authentication and private communications.
The indipath web interface uses Google Analytics to understand our website performance. We use Google Analytics data to improve your experience and update our website based on your preferences. None of the data collected is personally identifiable. We do not have access to attributes, such as name, email address, or other identifying information. We will be able to determine your IP address, geographic area, language, and interests. You will remain completely anonymous while engaging with our website, and there is no way for us to identify you based on the information that we automatically collect. The information collected by Google Analytics may be used to provide marketing ads to you. If you voluntarily provide information through a survey, a membership registration, event registration, or any form on the website, that data will be collected and could be used for marketing purposes.
e2L respects your privacy. We maintain and reserve the right to contact you if needed for non-marketing purposes, such as bug alerts, security breaches, account issues, and/or changes in e2L’s products or services. In certain circumstances, we may use the indipath website or indipath to post a notice.
Unsubscribe or Opt-Out
To opt-out of Google Analytics tracking and tracking by any other Google products, please visit the Google opt-out page.
All users can discontinue receiving communications from us. To discontinue or unsubscribe from our website, please send an email that you wish to unsubscribe to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also unsubscribe by utilizing the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email communication. These changes will take effect within seven business days of our receiving notification. If you want to unsubscribe or opt-out from any third-party websites, you must go to that specific website to unsubscribe or opt-out. e2L will continue to adhere to this Policy concerning any personal information previously collected.
Links to Other Websites
Acceptance of Terms
How to Contact Us
Telephone number: 361-704-9654
Engage! Learning Inc.
PO Box 695, Portland, TX 78374